Funding news - 25/08/2017
Entries Open for Enterprise Nation Female Start-up of the Year 2017
The Enterprise Nation Female Start-up of the Year competition has been created to showcase early stage female start-up entrepreneurs who are excelling in their industry.
Whether it's creating an innovative product or disrupting a traditional marketplace, participants should have a clear vision for the direction of their business as well as ambitious plans for growth.
Enterprise Nation will shortlist three business owners to pitch live on stage at the Festival of Female Entrepreneurs event in Bristol on 20 October 2017. Each company will be given three minutes to pitch followed by six minutes of questions from a panel of judges. The chosen Enterprise Nation Female Start-up of the Year winner will be announced live on stage at the event and receive prizes to help them and their business flourish and grow.
The 2017 prizes are as follows:
- £500 Facebook advertising credit
- Quarterly business mentoring for a year from KPMG
- £200 Treatwell voucher to spend on a beauty or spa treatment from Direct Line for Business
- Two Dua LIpa tickets at an O2 Academy of the winner's choice from O2 Business
- Signed cycling top by Laura Kenny, the most successful female British Olympian, from HSBC
- 'Power your business with Square' which includes a Square reader and Dock (worth £58+VAT) plus £1,000 worth of free processing
- A one hour consultation and lunch with Clive Lewis, head of enterprise at ICAEW, and a £100 voucher to spend at PC World
- Two tickets to Enterprise Nation's ScaleUp 2017 event in London
- Profile on the Enterprise Nation blog and social media
- The title of Enterprise Nation Female Start-up of the Year 2017
The competition is open to female entrepreneurs who are eligible to work in the UK. The applicant's start-up must be a UK based company with no more than 10 employees that has been trading for up to three years.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 5 October 2017.
See the Enterprise Nation website for more details and to access the online application form.
Source: enterprisenation.com, 25/08/2017