Funding news - 03/02/2017
10,000 Small Businesses (UK) Open for Spring 2017 Cohort
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses programme helps UK small business leaders enhance the skills, strategies and networks they need to fulfil their businesses' growth potential.
The programme will be of interest to ambitious UK business leaders who are the owner or most senior decision maker of a small business that is generating trading revenues and already has employees. The goal is to provide participants with the tools and resources to help them lay the foundation for long-term sustainable growth and job creation in their communities.
Participants benefit from:
- A structured, practical learning experience focused on the challenges faced by growing small businesses.
- Multiple sources of high quality advice and guidance as they develop a customised growth plan to serve as the roadmap for the business's future growth.
- Joining a group of small business leaders who form a trusted network that provides peer-to-peer support, challenge and guidance to one another in an open, constructive and dynamic learning environment.
- The opportunity to join a growing network of business leaders from across the UK.
The core of the programme is a practically-focused business and management course, delivered over 12 sessions lasting approximately 100 hours. Business support services include:
- Specialist workshops
- One-on-one business advising
- Business coaching
- Access to professional experts
- Networking opportunities
- A network of 10,000 Small Business graduates
The individual applying must be the main owner (or main co-owner) of the business, or the most senior decision-maker if the business does not have share capital. Social enterprise applicants must be commercially operated (irrespective of legal structure) and must seek to achieve their social purpose primarily through trading and not through grant funding.
Participating businesses and will typically have between five and 50 employees, though applications will be considered from businesses with fewer or more employees that have strong growth potential and could benefit significantly from the programme.
The application deadline for spring 2017 (Cohort 4) is 27 February 2017.
See the website for more information.
Source: goldmansachs.com, 03/02/2017