Funding news - 03/02/2017
Launch of the LEAP Entrepreneur Award - West Sussex
This grant scheme has been launched for small businesses and apprenticeships in West Sussex.
The initiative is part of a West Sussex-wide scheme, known as the Local Enterprise and Apprenticeship Platform (LEAP), and is offering support to businesses until the end of September 2017.
The scheme aims to recognise the role that small businesses play in the economy and the difficulties that micro businesses (those with up to ten employees) can face in accessing funds to help them grow and take on staff. The project also hopes to tackle the difficulties faced by small businesses (up to 50 employees) when seeking to take on an apprentice or provide apprenticeship opportunities for existing staff.
LEAP will provide:
- A comprehensive one day workshop that will give participants he fundamental tools to turn their business idea into a reality.
- Additional seminars to enhance the training already provided on the one day workshop.
- 1-2-1 expert advice from a range of business advisors.
- The tools needed to complete a robust business plan which can be used to access further funding and afford the opportunity to win £2,500 through the programme.
- Ongoing mentoring support to help the business and post start-up support once it has started trading.
Small businesses employing up to 50 employees in West Sussex may apply.
Andrew Swayne, chairman of the Adur & Worthing Business Partnership, said: "The Adur & Worthing Business Partnership brings together businesses in Adur and Worthing and works with partner agencies to support and grow the local economy.
"Our priorities include supporting small businesses and increasing the number of local apprenticeship and development opportunities, so I am delighted that the partnership has the opportunity to work with the councils on this scheme and that a number of our members are involved in the grant panel."
The deadline for applications is 1 March 2017.
See the website for more details.
Source: yourleap.co.uk, 03/02/2017